Pic

Pic

Joshua Olausen

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb Jeffrey

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Breastfeeding

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sweet and Sour-licious Meatballs

Thanks to my great friend Amy, I was able to make something new for dinner tonight without have to resort to spaghetti.  These sweet and sour meatballs are fantastic!!!  I served them with brown rice and peas.  However, after dinner Amy told me they are good served with green beans. So next time, I'll try it w/ green beans.  Here's the recipe I used:

2 lbs ground beef, thawed
Italian style bread crumbs  ( I don't measure, but it was probably about 3/4 c.)
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
1 Egg
1 bottle sweet and sour sauce
A splash of barbecue sauce
Salt and Pepper

Mix all of that together like you would meat loaf.  Preheat the oven to 375.  Cover a cookie sheet w/ some foil.  Make little meatballs and place on the foil.  I should have lightly sprayed my foil w/ some spray because my meat was very lean and the meatballs kind of got stuck in some places.  Bake them for 35-40 minutes until done.  Then put them in a pan on the stove w/ some sweet and sour sauce (you can also add in some barbecue sauce).  I used Maui Mountain Sweet n Sour (what Amy uses).  Let the sauce get hot and then serve them over rice.  They are wonderful - a great twist to meat loaf.  Hope you like them!

4 comments:

ryan and chelsee jones said...

This sounds really good! I'm always looking for new ways to serve ground beef :) Looks like I know what I'm making for dinner on Thursday! :)

Team Tonagel said...

This is a good and simple recipe! I recommend having these ingredients on hand for a quick go-to meal. Thanks for sharing with everyone Tiff!

Ashley 'Moore' Nacke said...

Hey its ashley from Bible study!! That picture of you is beautiful!! I was excited to see all your yummy food ideas because I am the worst cook ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) hopefully i will see you at the game tomorrow!! :)

Erica and Nate said...

Tiff...we tried this recipe tonight. It was really great and soooo easy to make. I will definitely make it again. Thanks for the recipes!