Pic

Pic

Joshua Olausen

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb Jeffrey

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Breastfeeding

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Friday, November 7, 2008

A Cooking Drought...

I am SO sorry for the long delay since the last post!  Life has been a bit crazy and honestly, I have only made 1 meal this week!  And that was a joint effort with Amy :).  Basketball season, recruiting trips and life has gotten crazy almost instantly.  But I love the basketball games so I am NOT complaining.  I have had several really good things lately so I am going to post a couple recipes :)

TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 box Dark Chocolate Fudge or Devils Food Cake Mix
1 small box instant devils food pudding mix
1 bag of chocolate chips (any kind you want - milk chocolate is great in this!)
1 3/4 c. milk
2 eggs

Mix together and bake in a greased (make sure it is REALLY greased) bunt pan at 350 for about 1 hour.  Then let it cool completely before removing it from the pan (probably at least an hour).

CHEESY POTATOES AND SAUSAGE

1 bag of shredded hash browns
1 can cream of chicken
16 oz sour cream
1 lb browned and drained sausage
shredded cheddar
Frosted Flakes

My friend who made this doesn't really measure things either :)  She just dumps the cheese soI have no idea how much to use! :)  You don't need to put sausage in this, but if you do, it makes a great "breakfast" casserole.  And the sweetness of the frosted flakes is AMAZING.  

Bake at 350 for until hot and done :)  about 40 minutes.

I don't really love cake, I'd rather have a brownie or a cookie.  But this triple chocolate cake is SO moist and wonderful.  Let me know what you think of them!!

No comments: