Pic

Pic

Joshua Olausen

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb Jeffrey

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Breastfeeding

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Banana Bread

My mom used to make banana bread for us when we were younger and I just loved it!  Then my mom told me to try a recipe from Lois (a special lady I used to work with).  This is not a new recipe (I've made it for the past 3 years or so) but it's one of my FAVORITE things to make!!  

2 sticks butter, melted
2 c. flour
2 c. white sugar
6-7 ripe (or over ripe) bananas
2 tea. baking soda
2 tea. baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 tea salt
1 c. nuts (optional)

As you can see, it's almost a recipe of 2's.  Pretty easy to remember. Preheat the oven to 350 and I spray my loaf pans with a little cooking spray.  This makes 2 loaf pans so you can half it if you only want to make one loaf.  Mix everything together with a mixer.  Bake for 50-60 min or until the middle is fully cooked (until the toothpick comes clean). Jeff and I can go through a whole loaf in 2 days.  YUMMY!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I love banana bread! I'm gonna try this!