Pic

Pic

Joshua Olausen

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb Jeffrey

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Breastfeeding

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Friday, October 3, 2008

Hoopa Chalupa

Chicken Chalupa 

 I must pay tribute to my wonderful Aunt Jen who gave me this recipe...Thanks Aunt Jen!!!  

This dish is one of my favorite things to make on a tight budget.  Most of the ingredients you have on hand already.  You can make it as spicy or as mild as you like.  This dish comes in handy when I need 40 minutes to pick up the house, do the laundry, workout, or catch up on my Tivo.  You can even make this ahead of time!  

3-4 chicken breasts, seasoned, cooked, and shredded (I put the chicken in a crockpot on low all day with my favorite seasoning)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz. sour cream
1 small can green chiles
1/4 c. milk
shredded cheddar cheese
4-6 large flour tortillas
1/2 packet of taco seasoning (I use the hot and spicy)  You could try a whole packet but I think it may be VERY spicy

In a mixing bowl, combine the cream soups, sour cream, milk, taco seasoning and chiles.  Lightly cover a 9x13 dish with cooking spray/oil.  Tear up 1/2 the tortillas into ~ 3-4 in strips and lay on the bottom.  Spread half of the soup mixture on the tortillas.  Spread  1/2 the chicken on top of the soup mixture.  Cover the chicken with shredded cheese.  Repeat the layers:
1. Tortillas
2. Soup
3. Chicken
4. Cheese
Bake on 350 for 40 minutes.  I like to cover the the dish for about 15 minutes at the beginning so the cheese doesn't get too crusty.  I serve this with taco rice and corn.   

Enjoy! :)

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm going to try this! It sounds good! My background is just a template on blogger- you can change it in your options. And I just chose the pic to put in it. You just kind of have to play around!!

Team Tonagel said...

Hoopa! This dish is very good and now that I have the recipe, I think I'll try it! I just wanted to thank Jeff for his active involvement in this blog... it is so appreciated!

ryan and chelsee jones said...

Tiff...you're so cute! I love reading your recipes...I'm definitely going to try this one. I'll have to start randomly putting recipes up as well...talk to you soon!

Simon C. Henry said...

I'm definitely making this soon... maybe even this weekend! :) The picture of you and Jeff is great!

a.tonagel said...

Hey Tiffany, Sorry this is so delayed. I meant to comment earlier but I forgot. I finally remembered b/c I made a recipe that is very similar to this. We call it, "King Ranch Chicken". The only difference is that we combine all the soups and chicken and I add a can of Rotel and onion instead of green chilies and taco seasoning. Yum. You can also use corn tortillas for a little healthier variation.
Enjoy!