Pic

Pic

Joshua Olausen

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb Jeffrey

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Breastfeeding

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Thursday, January 20, 2011

If anyone feels like praying

We are going to let Josh cry it out tonight (and for the nights to come until it works). Gosh I hate saying that. We tried it once before but it was during the time when his ears were not in good shape. Now that he has tubes, I don't have that excuse. And he is 11 months old. Seriously I need some sleep! He has been waking up every night at 12 or 1. He stays half asleep in my arms but as soon as I try to lay him back down, he wakes up and cries again. The only thing I can do to get him back asleep is nurse him. Then he wakes up again at 7(ish). That means I only get like 5 or 6 hours of sleep at a time. I am starting to lose it. I remember only 3 times in the last like 11 MONTHS that I have slept through the night. So if you feel up for it, please say a little prayer that we will have some success. It sucks hearing him cry.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you guys Tiff! Now go take a nap :)
love
mal

Brandy said...

I will pray for you! I know how hard it is. I tried it with my boys, but couldn't do it. I hope you have better luck. I now have a 22 month old who will only sleep in my bed with me. So much for a crib. Hope it only takes a night or two!--Random blog stalker

Beth said...

That stinks! Will be praying that little man will sleep through the night and you can get some sleep too!

Team Tonagel said...

true dat... it does suck hearing our babies cry but it sounds like its time. hope everyone in the Clark family gets good sleep this week!

Jennifer, Eric, Isaiah, and Noah Heuer said...

Tiffany, you can DO THIS!!!!! It may take about three nights but it will be SO worth it! Hang in there! I know it is so hard but so worth it! I promise! Turn the monitor down so you can't hear it as loudly and try to tune it out! I will be praying for you! :)

a.tonagel said...

hope it goes well for you tiff. i hate hearing my baby cry. i am no better at it. when we did this with our older two. i had to sleep downstairs so i couldn't hear them. I still didn't sleep but it was a little easier b/c i physically couldn't hear them. That may help you if that is possible at all to sleep as far from his room as you can. good luck!

Rachel said...

You can do it! Like someone else said, THREE days!!! From books I've read, and my own experience, the 4th night should be drastically better!...I'll say a prayer that his crying spurts pass quickly. :)

Erica and Nate said...

Praying for you guys! It will be worth it for you AND for him in the long run when everyone is getting a full nights sleep. It is 2 am right now... Hopefully you are sound asleep! I can't imagine doing this for almost a year. You can do it! Love you guys