Pic

Pic

Joshua Olausen

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb Jeffrey

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Breastfeeding

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Baby news!

Well I had my appointment and ultrasound today.  I had been measuring a little small the past 2 appointments so we had an ultrasound today and Jeff came with me.  The ultrasound was so cool!  I can't believe it's only a few more weeks?? until we have the baby!  The baby's head is down and "very low".  The doctor was a little surprised at how low the baby's head was.  He had a hard time getting a good 3D picture of the head because there was only about an inch of space between the outside and the baby's head.  The ultrasound goes down about 2 inches so it was hard to get a clear picture.  But it's little lips and nose are ADORABLE!!! I think this baby has a Clark nose.  We will see soon. 

So back to the update...

The baby is approximately 6lbs 13 oz right now!  The abdomen is measuring at about 37+ weeks and the rest of the baby is about 36+ weeks but he hasn't changed my due date.  The heart rate was 139.  My fluid is on the low side of normal which is probably why I was measuring a little small from the outside.  But the doctor definitely didn't think our baby was on the small side.  The baby had hiccups while we were doing the ultrasound :) So cute!

Since the baby's head was so low, he decided to go ahead and check if I was dilated or effaced at all.  Well, it turns out I am 100% effaced and 1-2cm dilated already.  And in his words "the baby's head is right there".  YIKES...talk about unexpected news!  I realize that may not mean much and I may stay that way for a few weeks but it is promising that we might have a baby before the trip to Branson and then all of us can go and enjoy the tournament!!!  He seemed pretty confident that this baby wouldn't stay inside for the full 40 weeks.  If my fluid level remained low or even lower, he would probably want to induce me around 38 weeks and since I am already 100% effaced and dilated a little, he said that inducing me should be relatively easy.  He would start with stripping my membranes to see if that got things moving.  I would rather not be induced at all of course, but if the fluid got too low, I would obviously not want to put the baby in any danger.  So, we'll just have to wait and see.  

Here's a couple pictures of the diaper cake my Aunt Jen made me, the house decorated in a basketball theme for another shower I had and a picture of the baby in 3D (it's a straight on picture of the face...cutest nose I've ever seen!) And me at 35 weeks 5 days. 

I will keep you updated.  The car seat base is in the car and I'm going to start packing a bag here in the next day or two.  







6 comments:

Rachel said...

SOOO exciting!!!! *Squeel!!!* This is when it all starts to feel so real (again)... Keep us updated! :)

Team Tonagel said...

Can't wait to meet that little baby of yours! Looks like you really are Branson bound.... Love all 3 of you!

Beth said...

Hooray, Baby Clark is on his/her way!

Shannon said...

Woo-hoo! I was dialated 2 and definitely did not make it! HOpefully that baby comes early!

Paul and Allison Davis said...

Love the update, Tiffany! I Love the ultrasound picture! So cute! I can't believe the baby is already 6 pounds 13 oz! Josiah was only 6 pounds when born! Anyway, can't wait till the baby is born and we know if "it" is a boy or girl! How exciting!!!!
Love, Allison

a.tonagel said...

What???? Craziness! I am so excited for you. You are going to do great. Start chugging your red raspberry leaf tea. :) Can't wait to meet that little cutie.