





Wow, can't believe a week plus has gone by already since Joshua's birth! It really has gone by fast! I will say the first 2 days at home were a bit crazy. Emotionally. My blood pressure was a bit high during and after labor. But I didn't think much about it. After I got home, I began hearing my pulse in my right ear. That made me anxious, plus I was EXHAUSTED. So I began to worry that I was going to have a stroke. I know, really ridiculous. But when you have had about 12 hours sleep in 48 + hours, your mind starts doing some crazy things. Plus whenever I laid down to "nap" all I could think about was how I could hear my pulse and that I was going to have a stroke. So when it was time to sleep, I couldn't. I called my mom on Tuesday and she and my mother in law Leslie came down that evening. What a huge relief. My good friend Amy came by too and we just had a good time with the girls (Jeff was at a high school game recruiting). It was a very relaxing evening. My mom went out and bought me a blood pressure monitor so that I could reassure myself I was NOT going to be having a stroke. My pulse is still higher than normal but I am no longer concerned I will die and leave my baby without his mother. I read that your estrogen level reaches about 50 times normal by the end of pregnancy and goes back to the normal level 3 days after delivery. Thank you estrogen! NOT. But since that relaxing evening, things have been much better. I now fall asleep within a couple min of laying down. Joshua has been eating and sleeping like a champ. I love nursing. Even though we go through at least 2 diapers every feeding, it is SO much fun being able to bond with him.
The only problem I have now is that every evening at about 5:30 (like clockwork), I start crying. The first time it lasted about 30 min. It still happens every evening but it doesn't last as long. And I can't even predict what I say or what someone else will say to start it off. It's pretty funny. I start crying and then say "I don't know why I am crying." Jeff has come to expect it. :)
I love being his mommy. And Jeff loves him and loves to hold him. He has been so good about helping me out! He even made dinner last Thursday night for me. Our friends Roger and Crystal stopped by that evening and held him while we ate. Crystal and I share similar postpartum stories. And my best friend Amy reassures me she was the same way even though I don't remember her being quite so emotional :) I LOVE YOU FRIEND!! And we are praying for a safe delivery when the time comes!
Thanks for all the well wishes!!
4 comments:
Love the crazy hair picture!
I have also been so impressed with Jeff and his daddu skills so far--such a good, loving daddy! And as for you, well, there isn't anyone more nurturing and loving as a mother. You 2 are so fun to watch! Love all the pictures of Baby Joshua. I always can't wait to hold him again!!! Glad he is such a good baby! We love him!!!
P.S. I think he is going to be a little blondie!!!
What a cutie- and that hair! So much more than both my girls had! Don't worry I cried too- and then sometimes I'd go right into laughing until I fell over-crazy hormones!!
Post a Comment