Pic

Pic

Joshua Olausen

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb Jeffrey

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Breastfeeding

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Monday, February 15, 2010

36 weeks 3 days

I went with my friend Amy to her appointment today since I had the day off (love the Federal Government holidays!)  It was a lot of fun to be able to hang out with her and Jace since I know those times will be changing soon with both of us having newborns any day.  I was going to change my appt from Wednesday to Tuesday just in case I had made progress and shouldn't be going to our away game on Tuesday at Grace.  But the doctor I have been seeing recently isn't in the office on Tuesday so he said he'd just check me today.  Not much as changed.  Just a good 2cm dilated and still 100% effaced.  The baby is at station 0.  So all things seem to be going in the right direction. Just not having any regular contractions.  I am still measuring small (only measuring 34cm).  And I had lost weight :(  Not quite sure why since I have been eating like normal.  So we are going to do another ultrasound next Monday at my appointment to make sure the fluid hasn't decreased anymore.  He said if it's a little lower, we will do a non-stress test to make sure baby is still doing ok.  If it's really low (5 or less), then he would recommend we go have the baby.  So who knows!  I am really praying hard that Satan doesn't get me defeated in the mean time. I just want this baby to be ok.  And I also want to be able to go into labor on my own.  The doctor would be ok with stripping my membranes on Monday if nothing has changed.  By then I would be 37 weeks and 3 days.  I have heard that it's not an incredibly pleasant experience.  I guess I have worse pain to go through during labor :) 

I know our God is powerful and in control. Jeff reminded me tonight to think back on all the times that I had been unsure of the future (possible gestational diabetes, and there are many more) and how faithful God has been to help me through those situations.  So I am going to have to claim some more promises so that I don't let Satan put his thoughts in my head.  

So I guess I would appreciate any prayers that our baby is doing well and that labor will just start on its own when it should.  And while you're at it, prayers that Amy's labor would start on its own before Greg would have to leave for the tournament would be great too!  Thank you all!

I don't have a picture right now but I'm hoping to post one soon.  

Hope everyone has a great week!

4 comments:

Team Tonagel said...

It was fun having you at my appointment yesterday! You are a hoot! Just sitting here waiting... And thanks for the prayers! I know He knows our desires and will be faithful to the timing of this all (I just wish I knew)!

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

Sorry, I noticed some typos in my last post. Praying for you and Jeff and little Clark baby. Hoping that Beans arrives in God's timing.

Shannon said...

Don't worry! And don't be too anxious Tiff. You want that baby to stay put. Lily came a little before 37 weeks and had a little trouble breathing at first which was scary. Our friends had a boy at the same time and he was in the NICU for about 2 weeks. Little boys develop slower than girls, so we'll pray that baby stays put- even though I know if feels good to want to have it asap. God's plan is better than ours, so just don't you worry!