Pic

Pic

Joshua Olausen

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb Jeffrey

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Breastfeeding

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh my gosh...is this a post I see?!!!

Sorry for the long delay.  No excuse other than lack of energy. You'd think watching biggest loser would be a motivator for me to get off the couch and stop eating homemade cookies, but it's not looking too good.  I barely made the minimum 3/week 20 min workouts for IWU.  It's not like I don't like to workout, but there are like a 100,000 different things I'd rather do than change my clothes and go out in the cold to work up a sweat and then have to take my 2nd shower of the day. Doesn't that sound like fun? But now lets talk about food.

I haven't made many dishes lately but I did make one that I sampled before I gave to my friend, Amie, who just had a baby.  Why is it that I try out new dishes on other people before I ever try them myself?  It's like I'm compelled to make other people suffer too if the food doesn't taste good.  But really, I don't think I've ever made a bad meal. Oh wait, yes I did.  Jeff will agree that my first and only try at some homemade fries were a BUST!   Not enough oil and not enough cooking makes for a nasty raw potato.  And then I tried to get my friend Amy to sample them. Poor girl, she didn't know what was coming.  She's a trooper for trying my new recipes!

So here's the latest easy chicken recipe that I made.

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked in the crockpot with seasoning and then shredded/chunked)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 cup uncooked rice
1/2 cup mayo
~ 1 cup of shredded cheddar (again, I never measure cheese)

Stir all ingredients together and put in a greased 9x13.  

Topping:
1 sleeve of crackers, crushed
1/4 to 1/2 stick of butter melted (I use less just so I don't add another 1000 calories to the dish)

Bake at 350 for about 35-40 min or until bubbly

An update on our lives:

My sweet friend Amy's birthday is tomorrow (Friday)! Happy Birthday Amy!! LOVE YOU TONS!!!

I only have a couple people to still by Christmas gifts for.
I am headed to my cousin's musical tomorrow in Fort Wayne.
Jeff is busy with basketball.
We are headed to California next week with the team, but I will get to see my sister, Natalie who lives in the same city that we are going to! What a co-inky-dink.  Can't wait!
Busy time but I love the Christmas time and love looking at our tree! I don't have a picture of it but hopefully I will post a picture soon.  

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and remember Jesus is the reason for the season! :)

2 comments:

Kathy Tonagel said...

Glad to see the new post! And the new recipe. I just made a delicious Italian Sausage Pasta soup this morning, some time I'll give you the recipe.

We're going to have lots of fun in California!! (except I see the weather's only in the 60's...)

Shannon said...

Looks like a yummy recipe! Merry Christmas to you and Jeff!