Pic

Pic

Joshua Olausen

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb Jeffrey

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Breastfeeding

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, June 24, 2012

6 Months and Wax


Well it appears I am behind again on getting Caleb's monthly pictures up.  But nonetheless, here are a few to get you updated.  Let's see...




He can sit up on his own now.  That is wonderful!


This kid loves his feet and toes. As soon as he is on his back, they are in his hands or mouth.




It's hard to get mad at this sweet little face. 



He and daddy played out in the rain the other day.  He loved it.


And we are giving them baths at the same time now that Caleb can sit up more and play.  I love watching them together. 

Caleb is 6 months old.  He went for his well-check and weighed 18 lbs 4 oz (50-75%), 26 1/4 in (25%!!), and his head was 17 1/2 in (75%!!!) I think it's safe to say that our kids will just have big heads. He is growing great and has been very healthy.  He got his first tooth (bottom left) on Saturday June 16th. I actually cried a little because I thought maybe it had been in there for maybe a day or two and I just hadn't noticed?! I have a tendency to feel guilty about not giving Caleb as much attention as I gave Josh when he was that young.  But Caleb doesn't seem to mind.  So then on Thursday June 21st, he got his second tooth (bottom right).  Caleb has been sleeping through the night (from about 7pm to 6am) most nights.  If he does wake up, his paci usually gets him right back to sleep.  That has been life changing for me.  I can't tell you how much happier I am during the day. Actually Jeff could probably tell you :)  

Caleb sits up on his own, rolls over both ways, loves eating his toes, eats rice cereal and usually a veggie every evening for dinner and nurses about 6 times in 24 hours.  

Josh is enjoying life as a 2 1/2 year old.  He loves talking and asking questions.  "Why" is his favorite word. It is IMPOSSIBLE to do something without Josh seeing it happen even if you think he wasn't looking.  He loves his little brother.  Loves his friends Jace and Will.  Something funny recently...he has become an expert at stalling at bedtime.  His new thing is wax in his ears.  He does have waxy ears so one night, I asked him if I could take a q-tip and try to get some out. So I used 6 q-tips and removed a bunch of wax. haha.  Now, every night since then, as we go to shut the door to his room at night, the desperation of trying to keep us in builds and he yells out "Mom! I have wax! Wax in my ears! Wax!" Jeff and I can hardly contain our laughter.  He is pretty funny.   He is 37 lbs and in 3T/4T clothes. 

We are blessed!

No comments: