Pic

Pic

Joshua Olausen

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb Jeffrey

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Breastfeeding

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

18 Month Check Up (at ~ 20 months)

I switched pediatricians to a doctor in Muncie and LOVE him. The office staff was super friendly and I really enjoyed the doctor. He was very thorough and took his time with us (talked to us for about 1/2 an hour while I drilled him with questions I had brought with me :) but it was very worth it. He answered them all and never made me feel rushed. Josh checked out great. His height (35.5 inches) and weight (32 1/2 pounds) were above 95%. And his head (?? I think 20.5 inches) was in the 98%...large noggin! I can't buy 2T/3T hats because they are too small. He loved the doctors reflex tool (can't remember the medical term) and wanted to play with it the whole time we were there. The doctor was really nice and let him play with it while he checked the rest of him out. His tubes are still in (praise the Lord!). He got 2 shots and they put Spiderman band-aids on him and he immediately wanted them off. He hated the band-aids. Kind of funny.

The only thing Josh does now that is slightly frustrating is that he wakes up early every morning (6:30 or before) and comes in our room and just stands there looking at us until we realize he's there. haha The only way we know he's out of his room is that his door makes a loud noise when it opens so we know he has "escaped". It doesn't shut tight but hopefully that problem will be fixed by next week and then he won't be able to come out until we go get him. I It's not that I have a problem with the early waking (although I would rather him sleep longer). I just don't like the sudden awakening I am having and then instantly he is begging me to "get up" and "go play". It takes me a couple minutes to really wake up so if I can hear him awake in his room, I feel like I'll be able to slowly open my eyes and adjust to the early hour. Not sure how I'll (and Jeff) will handle this early rising when we have a newborn. But he is doing great in his big boy bed and is falling asleep on his own now which is wonderful. So we are on the right track.

I go tomorrow for my glucose test/regular OB appt. I'll be going every 2 weeks from now on. Which is crazy! I have been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions. I am hoping that I do not go earlier than I did with Josh. And I'm starting to get a little anxious about labor again. I honestly don't remember how painful it was and that scares me! What if labor is longer and worse?!

Anyways, everything is going well though. Jeff is busy with basketball season. But we are enjoying this wonderful weather! We love playing in the leaves.

I'll post a belly pic soon I hope (at least whenever I take another one :)

2 comments:

Beth said...

Josh is so cute! What a happy boy too!

Team Tonagel said...

Praying for no anxiety!
Boo to the wordy post with no pictures! :)
Love ya!