I just have a quick second before the little moocher wakes up. But the past 2 nights have been so fabulous! I was talking to my friend Amy (tonagelteam.blogspot.com) on Sunday morning. She had a great night that night. Will had slept I think maybe 6 hours?? Sorry I can't remember exactly right now. But after I hung up the phone, I started crying. Joshua was still waking up every 3-4 hours. Now for the past 7.5 weeks!!! 7.5 weeks with only 2-2.5 hours of sleep at a time is DRAINING! I love that little guy but when 4am rolls around, I am BEAT! Sunday night comes around and we had been outside that evening so Joshua smelled like the outdoors. So we gave him a bath. :) We put him down at 9:30 and he didn't wake up until 2:30! Then he slept again until 7! I woke up so excited! Last night, we gave him a bath right before bed and put him down at 9. He didn't wake up until 4am. Now mommy woke up about 4 to 5 times during that stretch because I was so used to getting up so often! But it was amazing. I am so thankful to the Lord for that needed sleep! I am hoping tonight is the same way and that I DO NOT wake up so often. But I am just really thankful. I was beginning to think I would have to go back to work on 5-6 hours of interrupted sleep!
Here's a picture of our little guy. He is just so precious. Oh yeah...he smiled at me for the first time last Wednesday at 5am. It made that early feeding worth it! The picture is from my cell phone so sorry it's a little grainy.
3 comments:
And what a difference that extra hour or 2 can make! So happy for the progress. :) Keep up being a great mommy--- you're terrific!
Lack of sleep was my LEAST favorite thing about a baby... but we all know they are so worth it and before you know it, you're all sleeping better. His smile is adorable!!
if it makes you feel any better/worse Brooks still gets up at least once a night, usually twice and a week ago we were still at 4-6 times a night. :( ugh... hang in there!
Post a Comment