Pic

Pic

Joshua Olausen

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb Jeffrey

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Breastfeeding

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Almost a year

Our baby will be a year old in 6 days. I get sappy thinking about what I was feeling a year ago this time. I can vividly remember everything about my labor still. Not sure how long that will last but I just can't believe it's been a year.

Joshua is fully walking (and sometimes running it seems...haha). We have had bumps and bruises on a daily basis from him getting excited or not paying attention when he walks around. But it is so cute to see him walking toward things he wants. He loves giving mama and dada hugs.

I am a little weary of our bedtime though. He used to fall asleep nursing and it would only take me like 10 min to get him to bed. Now he stays awake after he nurses and wants to play or have me hold and rock him (but not fall asleep!) So then I try to lay him down and he cries. So we have been having "crying fests" the past few nights. Last night, I heard him quit crying, waited a few minutes, then went in to cover him up and his hands were still propped up on the railing and he was asleep with his face in the rails. hahaha so then I laid him down, he woke up, and started crying again. I let him cry, then he stopped and I went into check on him and he was scrunched up, sitting up, in the corner with one hand on the rail ASLEEP. :) He is such a stinker. He knows how to manipulate his mommy. It's so hard to go in there and see him with his hands up for me to hold him.

Anyways, enjoy some pics! I will post more after he turns 1!!!



5 comments:

Kathy Tonagel said...

I'd love to see one of those pictures where he's sleeping but half sitting in his crib...he's just sure you're going to come in and rescue him! He's a beautiful little boy.

Team Tonagel said...

Smooches, Joshua! Love him little hand resting on Jeff's arm... so cute!!!

a.tonagel said...

Man he is gorgeous! He has the most beautiful blue eyes! Happy BIRTHday to you Tiff. :)

Anonymous said...

I love seeing his pictures! You have such a cute little boy and you are a wonderful mommy!
Mal T.

Rachel said...

I think I missed the BIG DAY! HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY JOSHUA!!!!!!!!!!! I love watching him grow. He's such a special little boy.

Even if the big day blew by me..I will never forget the text messages. So so Tiffany

Me: Yay you're term!
Tiff: Yay! ps ~ I'm 7 cm.

hahaha...hilarious!