This past week has been a week of several firsts!
#1 - Joshua is a tummy sleeper. His congestion was causing him to be SO noisy when he slept on his back. And he has recently found out that his arms can fling around and hit him in the face and wake him up. Solution - sleeping on his tummy. He is such a big boy! He had been able to lift his head up almost from day 1 and is now very good at lifting his head up and changing the direction he faces. So I haven't even been worried when I go to sleep. Thank you Lord.
#2 - I am using a pacifier!! I thought I never would. But this baby likes to suck. Even after he's done nursing, he wants to continue to suck on something and I can't get anything done if it's me :) So I have been using it to help him get to sleep without using me.
#3 - He hadn't pooped at all on Tuesday and I got a little worried. He was grunting and turning red in the face as if he was trying to but just couldn't. Well needless to say, on Wednesday, he had a blowout and got all over his white onesie so I cut the onesie off of him. I haven't been a mom long enough to know some of the tricks to get poopy clothes over the head without getting it all over him. But, my friend Amie told me I could roll up the poopy area at the bottom and then take it off. Great suggestion! Thank you :)
#4 - He got to ride on a private jet!! Thank you to Dr. Smith, who graciously offered to let us new mommas go with him to Branson to watch the tournament. I had been planning on driving with my parents but an 1.5 hr trip seemed much quicker and easier with a 3 week old :) Our friends, Ryan and Amie Ott went along with us. Ryan and his dad, Gary are pilots and flew us out there. Thank you so much! It was a fantastic flight and a lot of fun to be a 3 week old on a private jet! Here is Amy and I really giddy with excitement before we left.
Here are the two little ones getting ready to get on the plane. Joshua on the left, Will on the right.
And here's Amy and I again. We both nursed on the plane. Poor Dr. Smith, he was such a good sport and didn't even act like he noticed. Thank goodness for "Hooter Hiders"!
And here's Joshua sleeping away. When he wasn't nursing, he was doing this the entire flight.
He sleeps with his mouth open a lot (just like his momma).
And here's me using the hooter hider. What a great invention!



4 comments:
Love this post! First, you cut the onesie off because it was poopy? That's SO funny. And the private jet, I can't believe you girls. What an experience (especially for Dr. Smith-ha)
Joshua's looks are changing already and I can tell he's gaining weight. He's adorable.
Miss you--- so sad the season's over.
Oh my... I've never heard of cutting a onesie off!!! hah! I've thrown plenty away but never cut one up! You crack me up!
ps. Hate to tell you but you will be having many more "blow outs" to deal with over the next year. :)
Sounds like a blast. So fun! Glad you had a great time and the babies did too!
So fun! I haven't figure out how to use that hooter hider yet! Any tips?
Post a Comment