Pic

Pic

Joshua Olausen

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Caleb Jeffrey

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Breastfeeding

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Spice Up Your Tacos!

For the first recipe, I'm starting off simple.  Jeff and I love to eat Mexican!  Since Jeff likes spicy foods, I have been playing around with my taco meat and think I have found something good. Here's how I cook my meat:

1 lb. ground beef, chopped SMALL and drained
1 pkg taco seasoning (for a real kick, use a hot and spicy one)
1 can diced tomatoes w/ green chiles (don't drain)
~1 cup whole kernel corn (I use frozen, you don't need to heat it prior to adding it to the mix)
If the meat needs a little more liquid, add ~ 1/4 cup water

Then serve it with all the taco fixings (sour cream, cheese, salsa, lettuce, and even some applesauce!)  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I didn't know you started a blog! Yes! I want to try this recipe!

Kathy Tonagel said...

applesauce????????

seriously, if you don't mind I'm going to be stalking your blog as well as all the others if read! I love recipes too and will be looking forward to yours.